Signing Off

There is a saying that the only constant thing in this world is change.  This same cliché applies most of the time in the industry where I chose to work for 4 years and 18 days to be exact. It is not an easy decision to leave since I will be missing a lot of things from this company, most especially the people who in one way or another has touched my life.  Working at CVG through all these years has given me different opportunities such as to meet new friends, improve my customer interaction skills, expand my leadership skills, develop my sense of team work, widen my outlook in life and help me mature as a unique individual.  I will truly cherish the moments that I’ve had with all of you.

Within the last week of my stay in CVG, I was already thinking of writing a blog about my resignation. I came up with writing 12 (my favorite number) interesting facts throughout my more than four-year stay in the company. Here are they:

1. I never thought of joining the Business Process Outsource industry when I was in college. I had a negative impression of those people working in call centers. But of course, all of it changed when I started working for CVG. It's not that bad after all. Indeed, first impressions never last.

2. I’ve had five team leaders all throughout my stay in the company. They are the following (in consecutive order): Meg Gutierrez, Edmer Uy, Janssen Salgado, Carlo Sevilla and Dan Dalimot. In spite of me not being able to have a, taste of his treat (Never experienced any team building with him because of his short stint with us), my all-time favorite is Janssen. I just like the way he handles his team. He is lenient but knows his limits; can defend for his agents; motivates people well; and last but not the least, can discern the comic side from the serious side of the business.

3. I made sure to be always “honda” every after shift. Honda is a jargon for “on the dot” to go home. If the shift is from 9PM to 6AM, I should already be fixing my desk at around 5:55AM so that I’ll be off the phones by the time the clock hits 6AM. If there’s a need for me to extend, it should only be for a couple of minutes. Besides, I don’t get paid for those extra hours. I also had never been interested to the idea of “tambay” after shift. If there is no planned activity, all I want to do is to go home right away so that I can spend more time with Ausch.

4. I promise to myself that CVG will be the first and the last contact center that I will work for. The main reason why I chose CVG is because I find it as the most prestigious BPO in the country. I am proud to be a part of this organization.

5. The oddest shift that I've had is 4AM to 1PM and 5PM to 2AM. Since the MRT operates from 5:30 AM to 10:30 PM only, my mode of transportation going to the office (for 4AM to 1PM shift) and going home (for 5PM to 2AM shift) is the killer Novaliches bus. Whew! Hold on to your seats, baby!

6. I used to go to the clinic not to be checked by the doctor but to ask for medicines even though I am not sick. I just want to have some stock of Biogesic, Imodium, band-aid and Salompas at home. :)

7. I have a penchant for paper towels in the ladies rest room because I like the texture and the strength of it. I used to hoard lots of sheets and will take it home so that I can have spare when I am not in the office. I actually do not bring any more hankies because the paper towels have been the best substitute. I used to do my hoarding in instances when say we will have a badminton session or if I will have an out of town trip after shift and I forgot to bring a towel.

8. I have mastered the skill of staying awake for more than 24 hours especially if it is already after off and I am going out of town or if there is a scheduled activity. So far, my record-breaking hour of being awake is 30. Spell E-Y-E-B-A-G-S.

9. When I was transferred to Cisco, I can only count with my fingers the time when I went to the pantry for lunch. (I think it's less than 10 times for almost 9 months). I can’t even remember the last time when I went to the 26th floor just to eat lunch. It must have been a couple of months now. I rarely eat during lunch because I'd rather spend it at the sleeping quarters and seize the less than an hour nap. My style would be to reserve the bunk bed during my first break so that by the time I log out at lunch, I would be able to maximize the one-hour break time. Call me zzzleepy baby. Hahaha!!!

10. I started to become addicted to traveling both local and abroad when I joined CVG. Some of the provinces and countries that I have been to are the following: Benguet, Rizal, Batangas, Cavite, Quezon, Pangasinan, Pampanga, Laguna, Zambales, Bataan, La Union, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, Albay, Camarines Sur, Cebu, Bohol, Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia), Thailand (Bangkok and Pattaya), Singapore and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).

11. My travel-buddy and closest friend in CVG is none other than Anoj Cambri. We are opposites in terms of our personality but we have this chemistry that makes us stick together. She is dependent when it comes to going out. She wants to always tag me along if she needs to go to a specific place but I, on the other hand, can and prefer to do things on my own. She is spontaneous in delivering her witty and most of the time sarcastic, punch lines but I, on the other hand, need to do some processing before I can deliver my on-the-spot derogatory remarks. She acts too slow (fixing herself, doing her make-up, taking a bath, walking, etc.) but I, on the other hand, prefer things to be done in a fast-paced manner.

12. Last but not the least, I was attracted only to one male in CVG. He was my ultimate crush and (I deem as) the epitome of Vince Hizon (who is my all-time crush since elementary). Clue: His name is derived from a famous French writer during the 18th century. :)

Below are some of the thousands of pictures that I've had with my CVG family. Thank you for all of the memories!


12.19.07~Enchanted Kingdom with Team MEGnificent

02.22-23.08~Puerto Galera with Team MEGnificent
March 2008~First time in CSAT Bootcamp


05.06.08~Company outing @ Coral View Resort in Morong, Bataan
06.27.08~Meg's 23rd Birthday
07.25.08~The MEGnificent cheering squad
11.13.08~Town Hall @ Bar One, Holiday Inn Galleria
We are the shopping buddies. Anoj, Me, Tel, Rosh and Bry @ The Old Spaghetti House in Galleria
03.20.09~Sports-themed day in the office
12.19.08~Club Manila East with Team MEGnificent
March 2009~Team Lead Apprentice for Wave 55
04.18.09~Fontana with Wave 55
Team MEGnificent before it was dissolved
07.17.09~Parokya ni Edmer = the videoke team
October 2009~"The Restaurant CITI." Parokya wins for this Customer Service Week's dress up day.
10.31.09~Trick or Treat in the office
11.02.09~with Dhang @ Shunji's Resort in San Mateo, Rizal
12.07.09~Kaleidoscope: a Past-Forward Party
12.11.09~On the top of Mount Romelo in Famy, Laguna
12.11.09~Sampaloc Falls in Famy, Laguna
03.21.10~Of all places...Bumped into Marlon Estera @ Anawangin. I miss you!!!
03.22.10~at the majestic Anawangin Cove in Zambales
03.22.10~Capones Island with Rhoda Albacaro
03.22.10~Parokya goes to Capones Island lighthouse
05.25.10~CSAT Bootcampers (again?!?!)
05.26.10~Unwind after a week's work @ Mooters Bar with my fellow bootcampers
07.04.10~Parokya's team building @ Patio Jose
09.24.10~OUTjam!: a Rockin' Affair @ the Araneta Coliseum
October 2010~Customer Service Week at the office. Hail to the most beautiful Greek goddess! (chos!)
12.06.10~The Ultimate Clubbing Party @ Crowne Plaza Hotel
12.06.10~my most-admired unit manager- Janssen. (Naks!)
03.13.11~First team building with Team Dan @ Majayjay Falls, Laguna
04.13.11~Luau Party @ Cisco
08.06.11~Shiel Dan's advance birthday bash @ Discovery Suites

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner