At Papa's Tomb


If I will be given a chance to talk to someone who lived from the past, it is going to be my father. I was twenty years old when Papa breathed his last. Too sad because in that span of twenty years that I have lived when my father was still alive, I do not think that I was able to show how much I love him. I had been so hard-headed and caused him pain especially during the times when he was going through dialysis. It was as if his sickness was not a big deal to me.

One thing that I remember from him is when he said that I might not realize the importance of the things that he was saying during at that time but once I became a parent myself, I will understand that his advice is just. Indeed, Papa was right. Now that I am also a parent, it made me apprehend what he meant.

How I wish that Papa could see where I am right now. Although I have once stumbled, I bet that he must be proud of me. How I wish that I could wrap my arms around him and let him feel how much I value and appreciate his guidance.

Just before I leave, Papa, I want to thank you for bringing me into this world. Thank you for doing all the probable things that you can so as to give me and my siblings a good education and for teaching us the important values that we need in life. I could not recall saying this to you personally when you were still alive but here in your tomb I want to say, “I love you so much, Papa!”

Visited Papa's tomb two days before I left

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner